Lip Fillers Specialist in Bonney Lake WA
Lip fillers are gel-like substances injected into the lips to add volume, correct deformities, and/or create the desired shape or richness. Visit Honey Glow Health to achieve the desired look and raise your self-esteem, give your lips more volume, and enhance your appearance. Tim Fletcher, MSN, ARNP, FNP-BC, and his compassionate team will help to restore your youthful glow with lip fillers. For more information, contact us or request an appointment online. We are located at 19647 WA-410, Bonney Lake, WA 98391.
Table of Contents:
What are lip fillers and how do they work?
Who is a good candidate for lip fillers?
What are the different types of lip fillers?
How do you maintain lip fillers?
Over time our lips can lose their fullness. Full lips give the appearance of youthfulness. The loss of volume makes your lips look thinner and can contribute to lines around your mouth. There are three main causes of volume loss in the lips, genetics, smoking, and sun damage.
The loss of volume can easily be replaced with lip fillers. They are easy to do and minimally invasive. They can give you that fuller, younger look that you may feel you are missing.
Lip fillers are injectable compounds that add volume to your lips. They fall into the category of dermal filler. They consist of a synthetic form of hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally made substance in the body. There are various brands of lip fillers available on the market.
Lip fillers are used to restore volume in your lips that decreases over time. They are used to reduce the look of aging and can also delay the need for invasive lip augmentation, such as lip lifts or lip implants. They can also be used to achieve a more desired appearance which can boost self-esteem.
Getting lip fillers is really a personal decision. Doing something to help achieve your beauty goals is empowering. To be a good candidate for lip fillers, you should:
• Have realistic expectations about what they will do.
• Be in good physical health.
• Not have canker sores, cold sores, or other active oral infections.
Many people wanting to get lip fillers want an increased lip size. The reasons for making your lips bigger are:
• To restore your lips to their previous size. The aging process can make your lips thinner and smaller.
• To correct the shape of your lips. Your lips can naturally be asymmetrical and lip fillers can make them more even.
• To smooth the wrinkles that have formed over the years from laughing and smiling.
• To boost your confidence. Lip fillers can help improve your body image and self-esteem.
Injectable dermal fillers are the most common choice for lip augmentation. There are many dermal fillers available for this procedure. The most common fillers used are products that contain a form of synthetic hyaluronic acid or something similar. Hyaluronic acid is a natural body compound. It helps increase your lip volume.
Collagen used to be a very common dermal filler. It is used much less now because of its short-term results. The newer products that are available are safer and last longer than collagen.
Implants and fat injections are other methods used to fill lips and make them fuller. These are being used less as new products emerge. These types of lip augmentation have a greater risk of side effects.
There are several popular hyaluronic acid fillers on the market. These are:
• Juvederm Ultra, Juvederm Volbella XC, Juvederm Ultra Plus
• Restylane, Restylane-L, Restylane Silk
• Belotero Balance
• Prevelle Silk
All of these work much the same and will give you similar results.
There are some things that will cause your body to absorb lip fillers more quickly. By avoiding these, you can keep your lip fillers looking better for a little longer.
• Follow the recommended aftercare directions.
• Try to avoid overexposure to the sun.
• Reduce your stress levels.
• Exercise increases metabolism and this can increase the absorption of lip fillers. If you exercise a great deal, be prepared to have more frequent injections.
• Eat healthy foods; a poor diet may contribute to the breakdown of the fillers.
• Talk to your aesthetician about the types of fillers. Some fillers may work better than others and last longer for you.
Honey Glow Health has a wide range of dermal fillers to rejuvenate, enhance, and give you a more youthful appearance. Our experienced staff of medical professionals and support staff can help you find the right filler for you. Give us a call or book your appointment online to find out what we have to offer. We are located at 19647 WA-410, Bonney Lake, WA 98391. We serve patients from Bonney Lake WA, Orting WA, South Hill WA, Puyallup WA, South Prairie WA, and Sumner WA, and surrounding areas.